The carpe diem award was established in 2018 by Dietitian Connection following the heartbreaking passing of young dietitian Holly Butcher. Before Holly passed away from Ewing’s sarcoma, she wrote an open letter with advice we all would do well to heed; this letter was then shared via social media by millions of people worldwide.
This award recognizes the contribution Holly’s story has made to many lives and our profession. In particular, we were inspired by Holly’s advice to reach out to others, focus on meaningful experiences, disconnect from materialism, show kindness and love to others, and seize the day – “carpe diem”.
The award winner will be presented with a complimentary ticket to Dietitians Unite on May 20 2022 (valued at up to $289).
The award recipient will be a dietitian who:
- Demonstrates compassion and kindness in their work
- Helps others to improve lives
- Displays a positive attitude in their everyday work, and inspires others to do the same
- Focuses on meaningful experiences and relationships to bring about meaningful change
- Goes above and beyond the general call of duty to improve the general well-being of patients
To nominate yourself or a colleague for this award, please email us at email@example.com and explain in 300 words or less why you should be considered.
- Nominations close 11.59pm Monday 28th March 2022.
- You may nominate yourself or a colleague
- The nominee must be a dietitian or student dietitian, and an Australian resident
- The award recipient will be notified prior to receiving this award. If they have already purchased a ticket to Dietitians Unite 2022, it will be refunded.