Rachel is a 4th year Nutrition & Dietetics student at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
She is the founder and director of a student-run not-for-profit organization called The Nutrition Press. Within this role, Rachel manages a team of almost 25 volunteers and oversees all activities at the Nutrition Press including events, articles & social media.
In this episode, we discuss:
– All about The Nutrition Press – the website run by students. It reaches 5,000 monthly readers and almost 50,000 people by social media each month!
– Rachel’s role as director at The Nutrition Press.
– Methods on how to juggle extra activities with your studies.
– The lessons Rachel has learnt and how The Nutrition Press was born, including a small grant.
– Activities outside of the classroom – leadership, recognition and getting involved.
– Rachel’s tips for if you are considering volunteering.
– Rachel’s advice for if you are planning to start blogging.
– Rachel’s career aspirations.
Click here for Rachel’s LinkedIn profile