Food experts Tawnya Bahr and Lucy Allon design, create and execute behind-the-scenes regional food tours all over Australia for chefs, hospitality professionals and dedicated foodies, all with the same purpose of cultivating connections and understanding the story behind our food system. With over 40 years of food industry experience between them, few people know food as well as Tawnya Bahr and Lucy Allon. Straight To The Source focuses on connecting producers and the industry professionals who are sourcing, cooking with and serving their products, with an emphasis on knowledge sharing and education.
In this episode:
- Where it all began for Tawnya and Lucy and how Straight To The Source came to life
- Lucy’s background; working with Neil Perry at Rockpool in Sydney, meeting Luke Mangan in the UK and opening Restaurant CBD for the Merivale Group
- Straight To The Source Culinary Tours
- Disconnection from our food sources and how to reconnect
- Why dietitians and chefs need to be best friends
- Tawnya and Lucy share their most memorable food tour experience