Joe Leech is a Dietitian from Sydney, with a Master’s degree in nutrition and dietetics. He’s also the founder of science-based website Diet vs. Disease. What he’s best known for, however, are his online courses. Joe creates written and video content for those living with diet-related health conditions and diseases, and his online courses have gained a strong following. They serve to break down dense information – such as scientific reviews and bodies of evidence — into easily digestible and appealing visual content.
In this podcast, we discuss how you, too, can create an online course as a value-add for your dietetics business.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A brief history of Joe’s work experience and how he discovered his writing skills
- Writing for the #1 Nutrition website on google: Authority Nutrition — and the skills he gained along the way
- The equipment, platform and work required to create an online course
- How online courses can add value to your services as a dietitian
- The hard part: sales & marketing – Joe dishes up some tips for you
Create an online course with Teachable
Rev.com to outsource captions and transcribe your videos
Try YouTube live for free webinars
Build a landing page with Lead Pages
Try Canva for graphic design
Mail Chimp for marketing your content
Do you have questions? Email Joe: firstname.lastname@example.org
DC members pay half price for the elimination course (click here) or reintroduction course (click here) — they also count towards assessed CPD points in Aus, as well as formal CPD in the UK and and CCP points for Canadians.
**Note that prices are in USD and not AUD.
Dietitian Connection receives a small referral fee, which is used to improve the Dietitian Connection website and services for members.