Zoe Nicholson is one of Australia’s leading dietitians; she is the founder and senior dietitian at figureate, a full-time dietetics practice specialising in the non-diet approach and food intolerance.
You may also know of Zoe as the co-founder of the Moderation Movement, or perhaps you’ve seen her in the media or at a professional development workshop. She’s also a member of several DAA special interest groups. Zoe is on the show today to discuss The Moderation Movement, her work and her mission as a dietitian.
Hosted by Kate Agnew, we discuss:
– The beginning of Zoe’s career and what sparked her interest in dietetics.
– The Moderation Movement and how it began.
– Zoe’s food philosophy, the Non-Diet Approach and mindfulness.
– Health at Every Size (HAES)
– The steps you can take if you’re interested in adopting moderation principles and the Non-Diet Approach.
– Zoe discusses the ‘focus on weight’ as a barrier to intuitive eating and a Non-Diet based culture.
– Intuitive eating and what it means in her life and dietetics practice.
Click here for Non-Diet Approach & Intuitive Eating research and resources
Click here to visit the figureate Facebook page
Click here to visit The Moderation Movement Facebook page
Click here to visit the figureate website
Click here to read more about Health At Every Size (HAES)
Click here to visit Health, Not Diets by Fiona Willer and Fiona Sutherland